RMLRA Newsletter - May 19, 2011

posted May 20, 2011, 8:03 AM by Admin RMLRA   [ updated May 20, 2011, 8:05 AM ]

We are scheduled to be racing this Saturday evening May 21 at Big Country Speedway in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The weather forecast for Saturday looks questionable as of Thursday morning. With the past two scheduled races being cancelled due to the weather we now find ourselves being inactive since April 9. I do not have much to report to you but the three day Liberty weekend of National Qualifyers is on as of this date. The three days of racing begins July 2 at I-25 Speedway, moving to Colorado National Speedway on Saturday. The races that were held in Gering, Nebraska have been moved to Wyoming for the Monday night race on July 4. These three days of racing takes some planning and if you have to take a vacation day to get it in, it might be a wise move, as a lot of people may have to be back to work on Tuesday July 5. The RMLRA will be advertising the Liberty Weekend on several web pages and we look forward to drawing some out of state cars. The car count will determine the amount of features per night. In the past we have had two features, with the Young Lions and Semi-Pros matched up and the Pro and Masters in the second feature. All feature winners will have a position in the Asphalt National feature provided you plan to travel to Las Vegas in late October. Another way to qualify is to finish second behind a car that has allready qualifyed for the Nationals.

 The June 18 th date at I-25 is a valid date and we will have the opportunity to make up a cancelled race if you want to.

The #4 & #24 cars have been sold to an out of state buyer. We will miss Gary and Derek Kopp from our group of drivers. Both cars supported the RMLRA at many races the past few seasons.